The Summer Reading Challenge takes place every year and this year the them is Animal Agents.
If you have never heard of the Summer Reading Challenge you may be wondering what it is.
If you are interested in taking part look at the following easy steps:
- Sign up take part at their local library (for most children at ACE the nearest library is Moor Allerton Library near Sainsburys).
- Choose and read 2 books from the library
- Once you have read them visit the library again and collect stickers and goodies
- Choose and read two more books and repeat step 3
- Repeat steps 2 and 3
- Once you have read 6 books return to the library and collect your certificate and prize
If you are enjoying reading you do not need to stop there, you can read as many books as you like and usually invite children who have read the most number of books to a special party with an author.
If you would like more information about the Summer Reading Challenge, please click on the lick below or see Miss Whiteley.
On Monday, Sofia from Moor Allerton Library will be visiting school to talk about this year’s summer reading challenge and how to join.
The library will also be hosting lots of events over the holidays.
For more information about the summer reading challenge visit:
The summer reading challenge is almost here!
The them this year is Roald Dahl – The Big Friendly Read and is part of the celebrations of Roald Dahl’s 100th anniversary in September.
To take part sign up at your local library for free and join in the fun. Read six books and collect stickers and other splendiferous treats along the way.
Visit http://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk/join-in for more information.
The Summer Reading Challenge takes place every summer holiday and is hosted by public libraries nationwide. The theme this year is Record Breakers.
This year is a bit different as we have a team of 8 children from Year 3 to Year 6 who will be promoting the Summer Reading Challenge in School.
The team is made up of: Tobi Eloise Cezara Rhys Ellie-May Bardya Kacey Zain
The team’s role is to let children throughout school know all about the Summer Reading Challenge and hopefully will encourage lots of children to sign up.
We want lots of people to sign up and complete the challenge – could you be one of them?
Can we break last year’s record and be record breakers?!
Interested? Want to know more then speak to one of the Summer Reading Challenge Team!
This year’s Summer Reading Challenge is….record breakers!
To join in the fun this summer it is really easy simply
1) Visit your local library (Moor Allerton Library is just by Sainsburys) and sign up for free!
Once you have signed up you will be given a poster and your first set of stickers to put on the poster
2) Read 3 books then return to the library
You will receive some more stickers and a reading challenge wristband
3) Read 3 more books and you will have completed the challenge!
4) Visit the library for the final time to receive your certificate and medal, your name will also go into a ‘hat’ for the chance to win your school a special prize!
See http://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk/ for more information or see Miss Whiteley at school